Planning & Zoning
The Planning and Zoning Division is committed to helping business owners, developers, real estate professionals, property owners and residents understand the process and requirements for planning and zoning, which precede the building permit process. Staff provide excellent customer service and are available to discuss review and approval processes, and planning application requirements.
Following the declarations of emergency by the Federal, State and County governments, the City of San Pablo City Council proclaimed the existence of a local emergency due to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) on March 16, 2020. Also on March 16, 2020, the Contra Costa Health Services, along with 6 other Bay Area Counties and the City of Berkeley, issued an order directing non-essential individuals to stay in their residences and limiting travel and activities For more information about how to stay safe during this emergency, check out the resources.
CHECK LINKS BELOW FOR INFORMATION
Applications for planning
construction or construction to modify an existing building requires a Building Permit. To obtain a Building Permit, the project must first be reviewed through the City’s Plan Check process. Find out and learn more about Plan Check.
- Planning Pre-Application
- Planning Application (Plans must include property address, landlords first and last name, contact information and type of project)
- Under the Housing Crisis Act of 2019, applicants may opt to complete the following preliminary application form for those housing development projects seeking vesting rights
- Check out and obtain Application.
Notice: Pursuant to the Housing Crisis Act of 2019, applicants shall provide the following additional information as part of their planning application:
Any information necessary to determine compliance with Government Code § 66300(d), including, but not limited to, information on the number of dwelling units being removed if any, whether any dwelling units meet the definition of a “protected unit” (Gov. Code, § 66300(d)(2)(E)(ii)), whether any dwelling units were subject to rent or price control, and whether any dwelling units are for rent.
Master fee schedule
Accessory Dwelling Units
New construction/ Adding to existing residences
- Density and Floor Area Ratio (FAR) Calculations
- R-1 Development Standards
- R-2 Development Standards
- R-3 Development Standards
- R-4 Development Standards