Priority Workplan Update
- Mission Statement
- Major Policy Goals (Added March 29, 2013)
- Strategic Policy Initiatives (12)
- Policy Areas/Items (A total of 191 adopted policy items as of September 1, 2014)
On October 18, 2017 and November 1, 2017, the City Council held workshops under a Special City Council Meeting format for a review of the proposed FY 2018-21 City Council Priority Workplan. The City Council conducted a review of all existing and recommended policy items, and solicited input from the public.
Following City Council review and discussion at the workshop on November 1, 2017, the City Manager was directed to prepare the Final FY 2018-21 Workplan for final adoption by the City Council at the next regular City Council meeting scheduled for November 6, 2017 on the Consent Calendar.
All of the City Council Recommended Policy Items have been incorporated into the Final Workplan for FY 2018-21. The Workplan Update process was successfully conducted by the City Council in accordance with the following timeline, as follows:
- October 18, 2017 – Workshop #1 and Update FY 2018-21 WORKPLAN
- November 1, 2017 – Workshop #2 and Finalize FY 2018-21 WORKPLAN
- November 6, 2017 - FINAL FY 2018-21 WORKPLAN ADOPTION (Item # 17-0474 on November 6th City Council Agenda)
- February 20, 2018 – Workplan Revised to include the following initiative: Reduce promotion of unhealthy tobacco products to youth, such as prohibiting the sale of flavored tobacco products, and the number of stores that sell these products near San Pablo schools.
- June 18, 2018 - Workplan Revised to include the following policy in SERVICES FOR FAMILIES, SENIORS AND YOUTH: Policy to
explore budget impact and operational feasibility of expanding City services
for after-hours public use of City restroom facilities in City parks