- Community Services
- Youth, School & Community Partnerships
- COPAG Childhood Obesity Prevention Advisory Group
Childhood Obesity Prevention Grant Program & Advisory Group (COPAG)
CITY OF SAN PABLO ANNOUNCES FY 2023-24 CHILDHOOD OBESITY PREVENTION GRANT PROGRAM REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The City of San Pablo is excited to announce that the Childhood Obesity Prevention Grant Program for Fiscal Year 2023-24 will be released on March 6, 2023. Qualified and interested groups, organizations, agencies, and entities are invited to submit applications for programs and services that are designed to increase the health and wellness of children in San Pablo, contributing to the City's continued efforts to decrease childhood obesity. The full Request for Proposal (RFP), with accompanying documents, is available for public download below.
The estimated timeline is as follows:
ESTIMATED TIMELINE (Dates may be subject to change)
Question Submission Period Ends
Friday, 3/17/2023 by 5 pm
Answers to Questions Posted
Friday, 3/24/2023 by 5 pm
Proposals Due (email submission only)
Friday, 4/14/2023 at 5 pm
Interviews (if needed)
Week of 4/17/2023
Proposals Recommended for Funding Presented to City Council
Month of May 2023
Contract Finalization and Execution with Grantees
Month of June 2023
Contracts Period Begins
Month of July 2023
- FY 2023-24 Childhood Obesity Prevention (COP) Grant Program -- Request for Proposals
- FY 2023-24 COP Grant Program -- Grant Check List
- FY 2023-24 COP Grant Program -- Proposed Budget Template
- Sample Statement of Fiscal Agent Responsibilities
- Final Submitted Questions & Answers (Published 3/24/2023)
Current & Previous Grant Recipients
Grant Updates (To Community Services Standing Committee)
Childhood Obesity Prevention Grant: Year 2 End-of-Grant Summary (July 2020)
Childhood Obesity Prevention Grant: Year 1 End-of-Grant Summary (September 2019)
Background: Childhood Obesity Prevention Advisory Group (COPAG)
On July 2, 2018, City Council adopted Resolution #2018-100, transforming the existing Childhood Obesity Prevention Task Force (COPTF) into a new 5-member Childhood Obesity Prevention Advisory Group (COPAG) to coincide with the adoption of a new RFP/RFQ process authorized by previous City Council action. The Advisory Group was established by City Council Resolution under the following general guidelines:
- Purpose/Role: Assist City staff with annual RFQ/RFP process, contract and program administration with childhood obesity prevention contract services, and to make appropriate recommendations in collaboration with City staff to the City Council for contract award; meet periodically to share information on the City’s city-wide childhood obesity prevention activities, contract services, programs and services on a periodic as-needed basis.
- Composition: five total members: three appointed from the former COPTF-affiliated organizations; and two members from the community/general public previously affiliated with former COPTF membership. All community/general public appointments must meet a San Pablo residency requirement.
- Meeting Frequency: Quarterly meetings with other meetings as needed, due to operational and program administration requirements.
- Term: 1- and 2-year staggered terms: 1-year term for community/general public appointments, and 2-year term for community organizations. Initially, all Advisory Group appointments will be recommended by current COPTF representatives prior to official transformation, with official appointments approved by formal City Council action. All subsequent appointments are subject to City Council appointment only. For the initial term(s), City Council appointments would likely occur September 2018 and run through June 30, 2019 for 1-year term appointments, and from September 2018 through June 30, 2020 for 2-year term appointments.
- Application: A formal application for the Advisory Group must be completed for formal consideration and for annual or bi-annual renewal of Advisory Group members (see attachment).
- Department/Staff Liaison: Community Services Department/Youth, School, & Community Partnerships Division staff for contract and program administration. Staffing support services may be revised to meet City budget or operational requirements as determined by the City Manager.
- Ralph M. Brown Act: The Advisory Group would be subject to public noticing and open meeting requirements under Ralph M. Brown Act.
Lizett PonceCommunity Services SupervisorPhone: (510) 215-3083
1000 Gateway Ave.
San Pablo, CA 94806