Systemic Safety Analysis Report Program
The City has retained a consultant that is currently performing an Intersection Roadway Network Study/Systemic Safety Analysis Report (SSAR) at four intersections and connecting roadway segments:
- Rumrill Blvd. / Emeric Ave
- Rumrill Blvd. / Sanford Ave
- Willow Rd. / Church Ln.
- El Portal Dr. / Mission Bell Dr.
The hired consultant will analyst collision data and San Pablo roadways to guide infrastructure improvements to improve the safety of cyclists, pedestrians and motorists. A summary of the findings from the analyses will be included in the final SSAR. The projects identified in the SSAR will be considered potential candidates to receive funding through the Highway Safety Improvement Program.
Key Project Elements
The SSAR will include the following key elements:
- An analysis of bicycle and pedestrian collision data to identify crash trends, causes of fatalities and severe injuries.
- An analysis of how different roadway and bike facility types affect cyclist and pedestrian safety.
- A prioritized list of site-specific infrastructure improvements to address the City’s primary crash types throughout the City
Sample of Potential Systemic Treatments for Reducing Bicycle and Pedestrian Crashes
The project has been made possible through the following funding sources:
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP): $225,000
- Caltrans' mission is to provide a safe, sustainable, integrated and efficient transportation system to enhance California’s economy and livability.
For more information about Caltrans, visit http://www.dot.ca.gov/.
- Anticipated project completion: September, 2018
- Project Manager: Ronalyn Nonato, Assistant Engineer, City of San Pablo
- Project Design Team: Kittelson and Associates
- Project Construction Manager: TBD
- Project Construction Contractors: TBD
If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Ronalyn Nonato at (510) 215-3065 or RonalynN@sanpabloca.gov.