Resources for Legal Assistance
RESOURCES FOR PRIVATE LEGAL ASSISTANCE
- Contra Costa County Bar Referral Service for a referral to a private attorney or call (925) 686-6900
- Contra Costa County Superior Court Self-Help Center or call (925) 608-1000
- Contra Costa County Bay Area Legal Aid or call 510-233-9954; Legal Advice Hotline: 800-551-5554
- Contra Costa Senior Legal Services or call 925-609-7900
- California Courts Online Self-Help Center
- ECHO Housing
- State Bar of California's free legal information and online publications
- The Contra Costa Center for Human Development has dispute resolution programs available or call 925-687-8844
RESOURCES RELATED TO CRIMINAL LAW
- The City Attorney’s Office does not prosecute criminal activity. For information about criminal matters, please contact the District Attorney’s Office or call (925) 957-2200.
- The California Victim Compensation Board is a state program dedicated to providing reimbursement for many crime-related expenses to eligible victims who suffer physical injury or the threat of physical injury as a direct result of a violent crime.
RESOURCES IN MUNICIPAL LAW
- Click here for the San Pablo Municipal Code.
- California Legislative Information – Review and track California legislation and search current law
- California Resources Agency – Information on the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA): 2020 CEQA Statutes & Guidelines
- California Attorney General – Chief Law enforcement office of the State
- Fair Political Practices Commission – Information on election and conflict of interest issues
- California Codes Annotated – Searchable database containing all California statutes
- The City Attorney’s Office does not prosecute criminal activity. For information about criminal matters, please contact the District Attorney’s Office or call (925) 957-2200