1. Can the City Attorney advise citizens in legal matters?

No, the City Attorney cannot provide legal advice to private citizens. The following organizations may be helpful to citizens seeking legal assistance:

• Bay Area Legal Aid Legal Advice Hotline: (800) 551-5554

• Contra Costa County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service: (925) 686-6900

2. Where do I file a small claims court action?

The Contra Costa County Superior Court Small Claims Division handles small claims actions. Fur further details, please contact the Court Clerk’s Office at: (925) 608-1000.

3. How do I report a criminal matter?

In most cases, crimes must be reported to the police department or other law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction over the city or county where the crime occurred. If the crime occurred in San Pablo, it should be reported to the San Pablo Police Department: https://www.sanpabloca.gov/1501/Citizens-Online-Reporting

4. How do I submit a Public Records Act (California Public Records Act, Government Code Section 6250 et seq.) request?

The PRA request form can be downloaded here.

Follow the instructions on page 2 of the form regarding how to submit your Public Records Act (PRA) request. For questions, please call (510) 215-3000.