Solar in San Pablo
Solar Panel Installation Information
Building Permits are required for all installations of photovoltaic (solar panel) systems, both for residential and non-residential properties. Click here for a solar panel installation check-list. If you have any questions, call the City of San Pablo at (510) 215-3030.
NO-COST Solar for San Pablo Residents!
The City of San Pablo is partnering with GRID Alternatives to offer rooftop solar energy systems at no cost to qualifying San Pablo homeowners as part of the City’s Climate Action Plan. As a community-based nonprofit organization, GRID Alternatives is like no other solar installer. GRID brings the benefits of solar technology to families that need the financial savings most, while giving volunteers and job trainees hands-on solar installation experience, and providing a source of clean, local energy that benefits us all.
- Saving 60%-90% on your electric bill for 20+ years
- Protection from rising energy costs
- No cost repairs, maintenance, performance monitoring and more!
- Safe, clean energy that’s healthier for families and communities
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Own and live in the home (renters do not qualify)
- Have a suitable roof and no shade (GRID will do a roof assessment)
- Live in areas qualifying for state funding (see map below)
- Have an annual household income for 2019 at or below the following limits:
|Add $11,200 for each additional person|
If you believe you meet the requirements above, contact the City at (510) 215-3066 or call Grid Alternatives directly at (866) 921-4696 or visit Grid Solar.
City of San Pablo Solar Generation
To reduce our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, the City of San Pablo installed solar power generation systems on three of our City sites. Check out how much energy we are currently producing and click the links to find out more about our solar and how it works.