Do I need a permit to fix my sewer line?
Yes. In fact, you probably need 2 permits. One from West County Wastewater District at (510) 222-6700, and one from the City Public Works Division (510) 215-3060 for any excavation in the street or sidewalk. Also, please note that any work in the street must be done by a licensed contractor with a Class A, C-12, C-34 or D-56 license, or a combination of a C36 and a T-1, or a C-42 and a T-1 license.

Show All Answers

1. Some individuals in my neighborhood damaged one of the new trees the city just planted, what can I do?
2. How do I find out when the Street Sweeper will sweep streets in my area?
3. The areas around Pullman and Van Ness overflowed during the rainy season and flooded some houses. What is the City doing to prevent that in the future?
4. How do I get speed bumps installed on my street?
5. Who should I call to report a street light that's out?
6. There is a pothole in my street. What can I do about it?
7. Do I need a permit to fix my sewer line?